Legends Of Beer League Hockey Book
Updated: October 9, 2023 by Bill Burniece
There aren’t many books out there on the topic of beer league hockey.
And that is what makes this book so cool.
The Legends Of Beer League Hockey is a reflective compilation of tales from the road of a fun-loving beer league hockey team.
Inside, you’ll get all the dirt that comes with beer league hockey tournament road trips crammed into one fun book.
It is rich with vignettes from a beer league hockey veteran.
The author, Curt Lesnau, is a retired IRS computer programmer who has been playing ice hockey for over 50 years.
You’ll get 270 pages of crazy hockey stories including “Snaggletooth,” “My Hair Hurts,” “The Poop,” “Woodstock Revisited,” and many more.
What Readers Are Saying
- “A very entertaining read! You don’t even need to be a hockey player to enjoy this book. The stories are less about hockey and more about the fun and camaraderie of the author and his collection of teammates, friends, spouses and others encountered over decades of beer league hockey.”
- “Great stories that are told from the view point of beer league hockey.”
- “As you read this book, you will chuckle, you will cringe, you will say to yourself “No Way”, but in the end you will say these guys know how to have a good time and live life to the fullest.”
- “Couldn’t put it down wondering what the next escapade would be. Well written and an easy read.”
- “Great book, It was worth the wait all these years. How many times after hearing (or witnessing) one of your classic stories have I heard you say “Doooon’t worry, that one will be in the book!” I have heard quite a few of these stories before, so it was fun to reminisce. But most of them I haven’t and it was a page turner of laughs and mayhem adventures.”*
- “If you like wild and crazy stories and wild and crazy characters you will love this book about senior beer league hockey players.”*
Legends Of Beer League Hockey Conclusion
If you play beer league hockey you likely have your own set of hilarious stories.
In fact, I’m counting on it.
One of the reasons I created this website was to collect, compile, and organize beer league hockey stories from all over the world to create a book of our own that you can be a part of.
If you have a great beer league hockey story, and would like to contribute, please contact me and let’s talk.
Inside the Legends of Beer League Hockey are nearly 300 pages of funny vignettes-memories from the sport of hockey that come from the not-so-serious but always hilarious world of men’s league hockey.
The author and his hockey-crazy friends detail all of the shenanigans of their tournament road trips and all of the debauchery that travels with it.
“Learn about the coveted Betty Ford Award for excessive drunken behavior, and follow the cast of characters in stories like “My Hair Hurts,” “Snaggletooth,” “The Poop,” and “Woodstock Revisited” as the author and his pals travel from Quebec to Ontario, St. Louis to Florida, and other points coast to coast doing what they love best: beer-league hockey.”